a mix inspired by the end of an unforgettable summer. here’s to racing down empty streets at midnight, endless starry skies, lazy summer days, love that couldn’t last, and memories to last a lifetime.
As part of a series of music and book recommendations, each member of whitepaperquotes will be sharing different handwritten playlists and lists focusing on different themes (See as the collection grows here).
Initially, I started putting together this playlist without a theme in mind, but now looking back, it is rather love-centric and reminds me of the end of summer. The complete playlist is above and can be heard below through my Spotify.
I put this playlist together very early on in August when the summer felt like it was coming to a close for me. Now that we are officially in September, I have been playing this playlist on repeat because it brings back so many summer memories for me.
- Mouthful of Diamonds by Phantogram
- Atomic Man by Portgual. the Man
- Sand + Silence by The Rosebuds
- Take It Or Leave It by Cage the Elephant
- Goodbye Kiss by Kasabian
- Give Me a Reason by The Rosebuds
- Us and Them by Pink Floyd
- Breezeblocks (Split Version) by alt-J
- It’s Working by MGMT
- Lost in the World by Kanye West / Bon Iver